Automatic LPM Machine MIGL-37
Automatic Low Pressure Molding Machine for molding net shape ceramic, metal and wax parts for production operation, using thermoplastic or thermosetting binders.
U.S. Patent N 4,416,603
Operation of the machine is controlled with computerized sequencer having 16 outputs. They control solenoid valves and an operator can preset and easily change timing of valve operation.
- Production rate up to 750 cycles per hour, times number of cavities in a mold.
- Stainless steel tank, tank lid, mixer blades and feeder pipe.
- Tank volume 6 gallons (22 liters).
- Double blade planetary mixer with variable speed of rotation in the tank.
- Pneumatic mold clamping system.
- 1.5 HP mixer motor.
- Mechanism for gate cutting.
- Computerized sequencer for automatic cycle control.
- Max. molding air pressure up to 70 psi (5 kg/cm.sq.).
- Molding temperature up to 300°F (150°.C), independently controlled in the tank, in the feeder pipe and at the orifice with three microprocessor temperature controllers with digital display.
- Vacuum pump for deairing during mixing.
- Average energy consumption 2 kW.
- Power: 220 VAC, 50/60 Hz, single phase
- Overall dimensions 40"L x 52"D x 80"H; (1016 x 1320 x 2032 mm).
- Weight approximately 800 lbs. (365 kg).
- Maximum size of molds 19" x 20" x 20"; (480 x 508 x 508 mm).
- MIGL-37 has two modes of operation: single (manual) cycle operation where you can use manual or semiautomatic molds and automatic cycle operation for fully automatic molds.
- Semiautomatic and automatic molds are mounted permanently to the mold holder which moves up and down in cycles. In semiautomatic mold an operator has to remove molded part manually.
Machine has 22 liter cylindrical stainless steel tank and a double blade planetary mixer with a scraper arm. The mixer is driven with 1.5 HP variable speed motor.Tank cover with the motor is lifted with rack and pinion mechanism.